Get away from it all this winter with a relaxing break in the Peak District at Ashbourne Heights.
Snuggle up and enjoy a cosy winter escape in our luxury holiday lodges or caravan holiday homes throughout November and December and stay with us for 3, 4 or 7 nights.
Book yourself a quiet getaway out of season and avoid the queues and congestion – and take the stress out of the festive season!
Winter is a magical time of year to visit the Peak District with lots to see and do. From fresh winter walks and Christmas shopping trips in picturesque locations to festive-themed events and foodie festivals… you really will be spoilt for choice!
Snuggle up in our cosy self-catering accommodation this winter
We have a range of luxury holiday lodges and caravans for your winter break in the Peak District, sleeping between four and eight people. All our luxury lodges come with double glazing and central heating – so you can be sure of a cosy stay, as well as fully fitted kitchens with a microwave, plus a bath and shower room, TV with Freeview and outdoor garden furniture. A dishwasher or washing machine is also available in selected models.
This year we also introduced a range of 2 and 3 bedroom caravan holiday homes to our park. Sleeping up to eight people, our caravans and are the perfect way to get away from it all this winter. Each caravan has all the space you’d need for a relaxing break, including separate bedrooms, kitchen, living room and shower room, plus double glazing to keep you nice and warm
Local events this winter
There is so much to see and do in Peak District this winter, including plenty to get you into the Christmas spirit! Below are just some of our favourite events…
- Alton Towers Fireworks, November 4th-5th: On the 4th and 5th November this year, the UK’s favourite theme park becomes home to an amazing display of fireworks. Prepare to be wowed as Alton Towers provides the ultimate Bonfire Night displays.
- Chatsworth Christmas Market, November 17th- December 5th: The Chatsworth Christmas Market is one of the most popular festive markets in the region. With over 100 stalls from local retailers and producers, there’s something for everyone and you’ll almost certainly find the perfect Christmas presents here!
- Bakewell Christmas Market Weekend, November 25th-26th: Head over to Bakewell for a quintessential English Christmas market. There will be 80 plus stalls selling seasonal food, wine, gifts and crafts, many of which are from the local area.
- Ashbourne Christmas Lights Switch-On, November 25th: See Ashbourne come to life with sparkling Christmas Illuminations at 5:30 pm in the Market Place.Entertainment will consist of festive carols as darkness falls by Ashbourne Town Band, Santa and Mrs Claus will make an appearance and also prepare to avoid extermination as a Dalek will be patrolling the area by the Town Hall. Gulliver’s Mice and festive carols sung by the choirs of FitzHerbert and St Oswald’s schools will entertain.
- Christmas at Haddon Hall, December 1st-20th: If you visit during the Christmas period this year, music will fill your ears, with different carols in each room Haddon Hall explores the meaning behind some of our favourite Christmas Carols. Come and see the Hall decorated for the festive season, with roaring fires, golden decorations and music filling the air, an enjoyable time for all the family.
- Matlock Christmas Market, December 1st-3rd: Taking place in Matlock’s Leys Park the market holds around 200 stalls in two large marquees with an array of items on offer. This Christmas market isn’t just for shopping, there are a whole host of other activities happening throughout the weekend including Santa’s grotto, Light’s switch-on and fireworks on the Sunday!
- Ashbourne Late Night Shopping, December 8th: Come into Ashbourne town for this year’s late night shopping event, where the shops stay open until 9pm, as well as a Twilight Artisan Market from 2pm-9pm on the Market Place. There will be a Lantern Procession starting at St Oswald’s church at 6.30pm, which ends in the Market Place, where there will be festive music and a barrel organ being played, donkey rides, charity stalls, plus entertainment and fairground rides to add to the festive atmosphere!
- Christmas Artisan Market, Ashbourne, December 9th-10th: Come and take a look at the wide range of gifts, food, arts & crafts all available from local traders, and enjoy the festive atmosphere in Ashbourne.
- Carols Around The Christmas Tree, Ashbourne, December 24th: Get into the spirit of Christmas and join Ashbourne Town Council for carols around the tree, accompanied by Ashbourne Town Band, starting at 7.30pm
Book your winter break in the Peak District today. Call us on 01335 350 228 or click here to book online